Baking Ladies:
I am going through a bunch of old emails to clean them out, and came across our initial exchange about blogging and baking. It prompted me to find our blog and to see if anyone is contributing. Of course, leave it to new Mom, Robyn, to keep up the blog without Jamie or me.
I love the snowy photo of Portland last winter, and obviously we are way behind on blogging. I notice, however, that Robyn plans to enter the wine cupcake contest. What an amazing recipe idea - I am anxious to see the photo for this one and to hear the tasting results.
By the way, Robyn, CONGRATULATIONS on baby number 2. I haven't seen you in ages, but have been keeping up on your general life via Jamie. I have no idea how you find even 10 minutes to line muffing tins and measure vanilla!
Clearly I need to get more into cupcake baking and need a camera! Im not good at either. I decided that my baking will be a bit limited until I get a gourmet kitchen with an oven that wont burn the edges of my brownies while leaving the centers gooey! Lord. In the meantime, Im sticking to the tried-and-true. Just made a small batch of the World's Best Hot Fudge for a baby shower that Jamie successfully planned and orchestrated. I wanted to try a bread pudding with whiskey sauce for St. Pat's Day, but didnt have the time. Im did, however, buy two large jars of Nutella for a butter sandwich cookie recipe I have that contains Nutella filling. If I make them without eating the jars of Nutella, and if I can figure out how to photograph them, I will post it on our blog.
In the meantime, happy sifting.
Chow,
Kate
PS - Robyn, did I send you a healthy muffin recipe for the kids? I think I did, but if not, I have one (re-reading old blogs and your request). If I did, how was it?
No comments:
Post a Comment