7.21.2008

Cupcake dilemma:

I have three weekends of baking cupcakes ahead of me. I know - I'm insane. I've got Alice's Bday this coming weekend (Martha's Ginger Carrot Cake with Brown Sugar Cream Cheese Frosting), Lisa's wedding (down to 128 people from 200!) (Chocolate Espresso Cupcakes, Lemon Cupcakes and Carrot Cake) and then our block party. I wasn't going to make cupcakes but I've had requests from several folks including our neighbors who own and cook for a restaurant who are always so flattering in praise of my cupcakes. To top it off it is Dave's (the chef) Bday that day so I want to make a cupcake that will knock their socks off (just in case I need that second career baking).

Dave's a chocolate fan so I can start there but I need some filling ideas. I could do caramel but that really went so well with the vanilla that I'm hesitant to try it. I was thinking a no bake cheesecake filling maybe as it will be too hot to do a chocolate mousse. Or maybe something with mascarpone cheese... Or ginger... or mint...

Help!

I'll also be doing chocolate/vanilla cupcakes in ice cream cones for the kiddies so the adult cupcakes can have liqueur, etc.

No comments: